reflections

reflections

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happiness

Ooh Danville. Being back in my home roots never changes... the smell, the warmth, the feeling. Except for maybe the new furniture my mom always seems to replace our perfectly nice "old" stuff with. One new lesson I learned on the lovely 8 hour drive home was to not be out until 1 the night before and think leaving at 6 am will beat the traffic.. It won't. However, I also learned a solution to that problem: Starbucks, 7 hour Redline extra strength, and my good ole friends Weezy, T Swift, and Kenny. So 8 hours and 9 phone calls later from dad just "checking in," here I am.

Throughout the drive, I couldn't help but smile just at the thought of just coming home. As much as I love "Daygo" I think you can agree with me that there's nothing like coming home for the holidays. As wonderful and perfect as that sounds, if your holidays are anything like mine, you're always amazed at the shocking similarities to that of the Griswold's Family Christmas. The senile grandparents, the crazy uncle, the mother trying to please everyone, the annoying little brother. Nonetheless, you gotta love em. And all this thinking about the holidays brings me to want I want to write ("blog") about today... happiness.
(... after all, it is the most wonderful time of the year)

So on a serious note, looking back at 2010, it has been a whirlwind but so great at the same time. I've grown a lot however, I'm more excited than ever for what the future holds. No matter what that future may be, my number one wish is for happiness. I think this last year was pivotal in learning that happiness is a choice. I believe that good things happen to good people but at the same time, you gotta go out there and make things happen! We have to make conscious decisions every day to personally choose to do things that bring some sort of happiness to your life, but not just for the moment.

This year also taught me that everyone has their own definition of happiness. What brings me happiness probably isn't the same as yours. Pardon my french but fuck the dictionary. We each need to form our own definition of the word happiness and go after it.

My challenge to myself and others is find and follow your happiness. I am not saying you should only care/worry about yourself. However, one thing I am saying here is don't waste your time doing things that make you unhappy. We only have one life to live anyways right? So just remember, happiness is a choice... so choose wisely!

until next time...
follow your happiness :)


Just had to add this pic I took on my first Starbucks break this morning... It made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment